Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Check Boxes for Member Selection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenArcher

IS-IT--Management
Jul 23, 2002
US
CA PRO Gurus,

Is it possible to place check boxes next to each member in a row or column, and then allow the user to select a check box next to members to do member selection? The current Member Selecter, which drops down when the user selects the little arrow next to the field name, is a standard pivot table member selecter. But my company needs the check boxes next to the member names, rather than in a drop down.

THANKS!!

Ken Archer
Telogical Systems
McLean, VA

Hi Ken,

I presume you mean on the Worksheet? I'm not totally clear on what you mean. I have an image in my mind of a checkbox next to each member in the Worksheet and an update button. The update button then reduces the worksheet to look at the ones selected. I think this might be possible using an AnalysisButton by staying on the same page and using the selected members. You wouldn't get the checkboxes but be relying on the highlighting but I think it achieves the same thing. Does that make sense?

Oliver

There is another object you can use. You can try the dimension explorer. When you first put the object down it is filled with extras that you might not want to use so just right click it, select properties, and from the menu deselect everything. What will be left is a list of the members with the check box next to them.
If you want a different dimension to be displayed in the box you can right click it again and select Dimension Bar and then change it to the dimension that you want to see.
If you want to have all of the dimension members listed but not in a hierarchy (with out the drill down) you can select Tool Bar from properties, next to the box that says select is a white box. The white box will let you put the list in alphabetical order instead of hierarchical order.
You will still be able to click the plus boxes [+] next to the dimension names that are on the Worksheet to further drill down.

-OlapGuy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back