Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Check boxes and queries forms

Status
Not open for further replies.

captsamm

Technical User
Oct 9, 2002
US
I have a query which uses a y/n field (check box) in my data base. I've written a form to support the query and want to include the check box. When the check box is not clicked, the record will appear in the query but if the check box is (no) then the record will not appear. The idea is that after the query is run and the customer makes his phone calls, he wants to be able to click the check box and alter it's state to 'yes' so that the record will not appear next time the query is run and he won't make another call to this person.

I've tried to include the check box with the data sourcing the query (didn't work) and also sourcing the table from which the query is drawn (didn't work), whenever I click the check box all I get is a beep and nothing happens.

I would certainly appreciate some help with this, my forehead is getting kinda flat....

Thanks, Samm

In the query, in the criteria section type NO. This will only print all the records that do not have a checked, check box. I think this is what you need, if not let me know.
Melissa ;)

Thanks for replying, I certainly appreciate it...The check box in the table works fine and when I do the query I use the contents to determine whether or not the record appears in the query...That works fine also..What I want to do is...after the records appear in the form I built for the query; I would like to include the check box (which is unchecked at that moment) so that the user can chage the box state (check the box) after he has made his call. (The check box is part of a tickler system that tells the user when and if he has made an appropriate telephone call to his customer)[Check box empty, make a call; check box full, call has been made..and when he runs the query next time the record will not appear in the query.]
I've written all the forms and stuff, but when I attempt to place a check in the box, I get a ding and access will not let me change the ste of the box...kinda like it is somehow locked (because it's an expression in my query ???)I don't know, but I need my user to be able to check that box then and not have to make a list of calls he has made and go back intothe main table to check them all off later.

Any help would be appreciated. (Access 97).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back