Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Check Box on Access Form, Why is it Greyed Out but can be checked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kensaffer

Programmer
Jan 7, 2005
US
Environment: Access 200 on Sql Server and using an ADP front end. I copied check box's on a form and they look greyed out but the user can still check them, and the original box is white. This means that some check box's are grey and some are white, it isn't right. I looked at all th eproperties and the tab order as well and all looks ok.
Can anyone help figure out why ?

if you have not entered any data in the database for that field - it is null and that is a grayed checkbox - if you want white set the chk.value = 0 which is false

hope it helps

The most likely reason is that the field is null in the database (or has no default value in the database or in the form). If you want them to be true (checked) or false (white / empty) then you can set the default value to be one or the other which will remove the 'greyed out' look.

Greg
"Personally, I am always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught." - Winston Churchill

I believe it's grey because it has no value. So in your On Open event, include checkbox = false.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back