Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Check box multiple choice

Status
Not open for further replies.

miaka13

Technical User
Jul 31, 2003
US
I am trying to get this to work. I would like for my users to be able to check mutiple boxes that are linked to one table. I tried to use the option group, but it only lets you choice one item. I need for my users to be able to choose multiple items. Unfortunately a list or combo box is not sutable for my form. I'm pretty new at this so any help is appreciated.

What about simply having multiple Yes/No fields (checkboxes)?

To do this, add all the required fields into your table, then add them into your form. This ensures they are actually saved to the table too, rather than an unassociated Option group.

Hope this is of help,

David

They will be exclusive (one selected at a time) if they are in an Option Group frame. Cut them out (select all & hit Ctrl-X) and paste them (Ctrl-V) into the Detail section. If you want a box round them use a rectangle.

Unfortunately, my form has several check boxes and I linked them all to the same table via the Control Source, except that when I check one box, all the boxes are being checked and vice versa. What am I doing wrong?

I doubt they all want to be bound to the same control source. If you have several yes/no fields in your table, bind one checkbox to each of them. If you don't want them bound (for instance to use as option switches for generating a report or filtering, etc.) remove the control source setting to make them unbound.

If all the checkboxes are bound to the same control source, they will all switch simultaneously - as you are experiencing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back