Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

check box grouping

Status
Not open for further replies.

swtrader

IS-IT--Management
Dec 23, 2004
US
I do little in Acrobat. I am mostly irritated by companies forwarding a non-fillable pdf to me for completion. SO, I convert it to a fillable form and send them a blank fillable and 'suggest' they use it in the future. Anyway, I have a fillable form I created from the Acrobat X wizard. Somewhat logically, Acrobat 'grouped' 6 boxes together (3 Yes, 3 No) so that only 1 of the six boxes can be selected. Each Yes / No is on a separate line (not sure that matters). This is a long form and this has occurred several times but I can't find how to ungroup the boxes (or simply group one set of Yes and No boxes together so checking Yes unchecks No and vice versa). Pretty long question for what I am sure is an easy answer. (I don't find Acrobat's help to be of much help with much of anything.) Thank you. swtrader

Sort of answer my own question. Under Edit, right click a checkbox. Radio Button Properties 'form' will pop-up. Under General, the Name should be the same for each checkbox you want in the 'radio button group'. So, in my case, I have a Name for the Yes ckbox: undefined_10 and for the No ckbox: undefined_10. Under the Options tab for each, Radio Button Choice should be Yes_10 for the Yes box and No_10 for the No box. I am sure there is much more to it than this but this works for now -- and I hope it helps someone who is a newbie to Acrobat forms.

Thank you for posting the solution - you might want to consolidate the two entries and put it in the FAQ area of the forum.

Fred Wagner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back