Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Check box beside files

Status
Not open for further replies.

MDA

Technical User
Jan 16, 2001
US
Hi all,

I am planning a new project and need a little help...

I need to create a screen that will pull in several files that have a certain file extension. The files should be displayed in a window with the file name showing and then a checkbox to the left of each file name.

I need the user to have the ability to choose certain files, then I will perform other procedures on those chosen files.

I am not really sure where to start with this one... I know how to search for files but the hard part seems to be to show a checkbox linked to each file that appears.

Any ideas on how I could accomplish this? Or where I can look to research this further?

Any and all comments are greatly appreciated..

Regards,

Mike

may help you get started

use a standard list box with Style property set to 2

[tt]
Private Sub Form_Load()
Dim sFile As String

sFile = Dir("*.exe")
Do While (sFile <> &quot;&quot;)
List1.AddItem sFile
sFile = Dir
Loop

End Sub
[/tt]

JustinEzequiel, the style property is not 2 it should be 1 there are only 2 property of style...1 and 2 which is standard and checkbox respectively.

Also if not list box then you can use list view with checkboxes property as true.

Thanks

Thanks guys, worked like a charm....

Regards,

MDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back