Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

meloadri

Technical User
Apr 7, 2009
US
I have a new windows XP Pro 64 bit pc. When I try to chat with Dell or another company that has the chat option, I get an HTTP 403 error (the website declined to show this page). Any ideas? Thanks

Right click CHAT ICON and try 'Run As Administrator' option.

Vince
ASAP Member (VopThis) - Alliance of Security Analysis Professionals

I'm using the chat icon right from the Dell website so right click does not give me the option to run as admin. There isn't anything I need to do on the firewall is there? I am new at this company so am not sure of the settings.

I read it and not mutch. We are running websence here and I think it has to do with chat being blocked by it. Thanks

Yeah, it's a filtering/blocking mechanism causing this. Must be the way websense is setup that is causing the issue. Normally, or at least from what I've seen where I work, websense will just give a page that says "your coporate policies do not allow access to this site... or this type of site.. something like that). Then some applications which would use blocked methods/sites just don't work. So perhaps it's somewhere in between? Maybe the chat program won't work right, and therefore tries to open a help file which is also at a blocked site, obviously, and just throws a 403 http error message?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back