Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Chat Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

nooshin72

MIS
Jan 14, 2004
IR
Hi

I want to write a chat application in asp langauge. well it is possible . but i have some problem
1) i have to have refresh tag to refresh the page in n seconds. i don't like it very much. is there anyway which i can send the the added sentences to all session?

2)can the chat application be written by DHTML?
3)i can control the senetences which are passed through the chat room by APPLICATION variable. that cause anybody who login to the chat room can see the previous sentences in session. is there any comment or idea about what i should do?

4)I have another question hope somebody answer this one.
i can write chat application by even Application and session variabel and also i can cotrol the sentences passed through users by sql databse. by i want to consider the hit of the site which method is better and ocuppy less resources also?

i mean every sentences can be saved into the sql table and then refreshing the page it appears to the users screen and also i can save it to the Application variable and the after refreshing the page it appears into the user page

Thank you

haven't looked, but it can't be that bad...unless they used Dreamweaver or something silly like that :)

Sorry, had to say something ;)

[sub]01000111 01101111 01110100 00100000 01000011 01101111 01100110 01100110 01100101 01100101 00111111[/sub]
The never-completed website:

No probs, Tarwn :) Not done with DW either, as far as I can tell!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back