Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

charts in reports 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnoc

Technical User
Jul 25, 2000
IE
i am fimilar with access but this is driving me crazy as everytime i insert a chart in a report based on a query&nbsp;&nbsp;i keep getting default data in print preview.<br>i usually have to input the data myself in the datasheet to get the required chart but when i got to print preview it would look like i wanted it to look but when it prints all i get is a blank chart&nbsp;&nbsp;

Have you set the RowSource property properly? Under your <br>&quot;Data&quot; properties, here are the values I've got in a report<br>which uses an MS Graph object (I've omitted properties w/o <br>settings):<br><br><FONT FACE=monospace><br>OLE Class:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Microsoft Graph 97 Chart<br>Row Source Type:&nbsp;&nbsp;Table/Query<br>Row Source:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;tblMyTableName<i> &lt;--your tbl/qry here</i><br>Display Type:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Content<br>Update Options:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Automatic<br>OLE Type:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Embedded<br>OLE Type Allowed: Embedded<br>Class:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;MSGraph.Chart.8<br>Column Count:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;5<i> &lt;--however many columns you have</i><br></font><br>This is working like a charm for me... HTH.

Here's a little trick I found when using charts in Reports - Once you make your chart, goto the Print Preview. Click on the Close button on your upper right. When Access will ask if you want to save the changes to the design of your report, click

(oops - hit the wrong button :) )
Click Cancel, and when you return to your Design view, you will see your actual data. Anytime you make changes to your chart, this will update your Design view.

Good Luck!

I've tried all of these suggestions to no avail. I've been watching these forums for a few weeks and I have to say I'm impressed with the quality of professional folks that are on these treads. Being new to access I've gain a lot of help from these forums on this web site. I thank you all for your help. Compared to the rest I've seen over the years these forums seem to have their priotries straight and everyone appears to be very professional. I thank you for that. No bs found here. So.. now that I've said this... and tried these suggestions with the charts and access... I've concluded I not only can't figure out how to get the chart program and access to work together, I hate using these charts on my reports. But I have to.. soooooooooo.. What I've concluded is I need some serious help understanding what it's trying to do. Cause I do not get the results I'm after .. I do not get them to update automatically as the folks enter new data, and when I print out the report all I get is a blank chart. Anyone have any suggestions of where I can go to get find some training for using charts in Access Reports. Bummed here in Hampton Virginia. Thanks in advance. Marie

nice tip VKtiger you saved me from pulling my hair
out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back