Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

charts in access

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenzie05

Technical User
Jun 18, 2003
US
I am tring to create a chart in a report, but I need it linked to the data in the report - not in excel, and not all data in the table. any suggestions?

Ok, I have done some research on the above question, and I think I need to give more information. The management report will have 120 different pages, each based on a line within the database table.

I need a graph for each page-unique to the data line. The graph compares different columns within the database to one another.

Help!

This is a difficult one to try to explain. Think of your chart as a sub form. Hopefully you're familiar with sub forms.

Basically, while in your chart's properties. Set:

Row Source Type: Table/Query
Row Source: To your chart query name
Link Child Fields: ID
Link Master Fields: ID

The ID should be a unique field like Autonumber or CustomerID etc that appears in both the report query and the chart query.

Bill

Mr BillPower,

What a great explanation, I've always found charts difficult in Access, but now!

Thankyou so much.

Babara

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back