Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Charting when data is above defined percentage 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

basictypeuser

Technical User
Jun 16, 2004
US
Was hoping someone could help with charting my data.

I have some data that was sampled every 5 seconds. The data is temperature. What I am trying to find out is how I can calculate the percentage of time the temperature was above a certain point.

You would find the count of all values.

Then if 70 degrees is your temp limit you find number of times it was over by
=COUNTIF(C1:C200, ">70")

where C1:C200 contains your temp values. And you can include this in your formula to count your percent as =COUNTIF(C1:C200, ">70")/count(C1:C200)

Member- AAAA Association Against Acronym Abusers

Hi,

The kind of questions that you have been posting seem, to me, to be the kind that you would get in a classroom. They certainly are not focused on a particular business type, at least not in my experience.

Temerature data sampled every 5 minutes
Radius of tank Height of liquid Theta Area of fuel Change in area Change in % Fractional Gauge Level, volume
Bus mileage
Locating series of numbers in different columns

Are these all related to the business or industry that you work in, and if so, just briefly, how?

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] [red][/red]
[tongue][/sub]

Skip,

Would see how you would think that but that is not the case. The data is from a data logger on a vehicle measuring exhaust temperature.

As always appreciate any help from this forum i can receive.

Great! Just curious, and thanks for the quick and concise response.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] [red][/red]
[tongue][/sub]

I was hoping to chart the info w/ a simple xy chart, including some way of noting in the chart the 40% mark. But this will work just fine.

Thanks for the help

If you want to chart it, just add a series with two points that define a straight horizontal line at 40%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back