Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Charting Survey Results for group and individuals

Status
Not open for further replies.

src2

Technical User
Mar 1, 2001
US
I posted a message over 3 weeks ago and haven't had a single reply. Usually someone posts a reply with an answer or at least a question about what I'm trying to do so I'm thinking that my question was to confusing for anyone to respond. If that's the case, I apologize. Here's my attempt at rephrasing what I'm needing.

Our help desk sends out surveys grading them on various factors such as knowledge, professionalism, etc. The results are a numeric grading system (1-5) for each question and a final average score is determined for each individual. A group score would be the average of all the individuals averages. What I need is a chart for each individual that shows the individual and group average scores for the last 6 months.

I have been successful in creating the chart showing the individuals average scores for the previous 6 months but I haven't been able to figure out how to show the group average score on the same chart. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I'm using CR 9.

Thanks!!

Basically, each of those averages would set up as a formula and you graph the formula. That way each gets its own average (6 months), group, individual. If you already have the chart for 6 months, then a formula for the entire data table will work by group. use soemthign like Average ({fieldname}, groupname) that will calc the average by group.

Gmal

How did you calculate the group average? What problem did you run into when trying to chart? Please be specific.

-LB

My thanks to both of you who replied. After putting away my report and leaving it for a while I was able to go back and finally get it to work. I had already done that once or twice before but this time I figured out what I was doing wrong. For those of you who might be interested in this post at some other time what I ended up doing was creating a formula that basically added up all the record averages and then in the chart data showing 2 values, the individuals avg for the month and the formula for the group.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back