Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Chart with ComboBox Pop Up Record Selector?`

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elvis72

Technical User
Dec 6, 2007
US
I have the following Query:

PARAMETERS [Enter Job/Proposal Number] Long;
SELECT TblProjectInformation.JobProposalNo, TblConstructionServices.Title, Count(TblProjectInformation.ProjectID) AS CountOfProjectID, TblDate.TheDate, TblProjectInformation.[HR Classification], Count(TblProjectInformation.[HR Classification]) AS [CountOfHR Classification]
FROM TblDate, TblConstructionServices INNER JOIN TblProjectInformation ON TblConstructionServices.JobProposalNo = TblProjectInformation.JobProposalNo
WHERE (((TblDate.TheDate) Between #1/1/2004# And #1/1/2025#) AND ((TblProjectInformation.[Mobilization Date])<=[tblDate].[TheDate]) AND ((TblProjectInformation.[Demobilization Date])>=[tblDate].[TheDate]))
GROUP BY TblProjectInformation.JobProposalNo, TblConstructionServices.Title, TblDate.TheDate, TblProjectInformation.[HR Classification];

That produces a Form Chart for the selected project.

Instead of knowing the number they want to have a combined combobox that pops up to select a project from a list.

I have never done a criteria box that contains a combobox, though I can make a popup form that does that, if it can be linked to the query?

Replace this:
[Enter Job/Proposal Number]
with this:
[Forms]![name of mainform]![name of combobox]

The form must be open when the query is launched.

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

OK...

I am thinking I have not conveyed my issues completely...

I have the above Query that produces a Chart on a form.

It is currently asking for Project Number.

I have a combined combobox in form: Select Project/Proposal that has:

Job Number/Client/Title in the drop down to switch the criteria for the Chart.

Maybe I'm not following how to open the form and then launch the query?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back