Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Chart that changes with the higher group

Status
Not open for further replies.

slankc

Technical User
Nov 5, 2002
US
I have a query that displays the Branch, the Month/Year, and the Average measurement for that month.
I have a pop-up window that allows the users to input a date range so the months they want to see will be displayed in a report.
On the report, I want to group by Branch number. The detail below the Branch number lists each month with the average for that branch.
I added a branch footer area so I could insert a bar chart that shows each of the averages plotted over time.
I would like the user to be able to have a list of averages and a summary chart for each branch.
It works, but it's intermittent.
Sometimes, all the charts display the data for one of the branches, sometimes they show different branches, but the wrong ones, sometimes it works.
I realize that this is probably because LinkChildFields and LinkMasterFields is supposed to point to a unique record - not a field that is repeated in the table like my branch id - but it just seems like what I want to do should be possible.
Can anyone help??

Thanks -
Chris

An answer was posted in another forum that pointed me to a Knowledge Base Article on the Microsoft website

There is a known problem with charts in reports if you're running Access 2000 under Windows 2000 or Windows XP:
see ACC2000: A Chart on a Report Displays the Incorrect Data.
There was also a problem about charts not updating correctly in Access 97
see ACC97: Graph 97 Chart Object Does Not Update Display Correctly;
Method 2 in the Access 2000 article worked for me.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back