Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Chart question and formula for X axis labels

Status
Not open for further replies.

TerriO

Technical User
Jan 9, 2002
US
I have a data that I want to show the change on a chart daily. I want to chart on each change for each day. The X axis is too busy for each printed day, and I need to show the change for each day but only print one date per week. Creating a group for week give the chart a different granularity, then the daily one, which will not work. Any suggestions..

chart

(data points are here)

Day 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Printed label I want

Week 1 Week 2 ETC.

Terri

This isn't exactly what you're looking for, but you can maintain your daily changes, but limit the number of labels by going to format chart->grid->group axis->labels->use manual number of groups between labels. If you have data for every date, you might be able to enter a 7 and get weekly dates (I couldn't test this). At a minimum you can limit the number of labels so they act as markers for the data, although I don't see a way of changing the labels to "Week 1", etc., unless you eliminate the labels altogether and manually add text boxes.

-LB

That worked... Who Knew... ITs so hard to know everything about Crystal.. THANKS!

Terri

Terri,
When I compute the Day on the group (X) axis the graph puts the day number as 1.00, 2.00, 3.00. Did you find that this also happened to you because I don't know how to get them to say 1,2,3.. Any help?

Thanks,
Bessebo

Did you try to right click on the chart / Chart Options/Grid/ and Format the numbers?

Terri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back