Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CHART problem - urgent - Ive forgotton !

Status
Not open for further replies.

mart1000

MIS
May 23, 2007
GB
I am using CR XI I have a time axis and want to plot 2 items against time on same chart but they have vastly different values. One is a count of calls (C) and can run into 000's a month, the other is the %SLA (S)
I want it as a bar chart with C axis amonuts on left and S axis amounts on right At the moment the S data is obviously very small and can hardley be seen. I want to show if SLA varies in same pattern as calls over time

Sure Ive done this before but cant remember how
Please help

Sounds like you want a dual-y chart.
Start with a standard bar chart. Then go to Chart Options dialog and select "Axis" tab and enable dual-y option. Then map your 2nd variable to the y2 axis.

Dan Weingart
OEM Technical Manager
Three D Graphics, Inc.

yes thanks Dan, I have done this before but I just could not remember how I found it via the menus. BO have still not got act together on taking users through the charting options/process in a methodical manner!

Yes it worked and I split so one chart was under the other. Two questions , can the bars of data now line up under one another rather than be shifted to right. Could one of the charts be bar chart and one a line chart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back