Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Chart goes blank when add link child & master fields!

Status
Not open for further replies.

avenuw

Programmer
Jun 21, 2007
US
Hello

I am not sure what I am doing, but I am creating a report with 2 line charts. The charts work just fine when the property control source ( LINK CHILD FIELD & LINK MASTER FIELDS) is empty.

However when I add the fields:
<b> employeeName;Category </b>
for each control source, the charts appear empty. I am sorting my report by employeeName and Category and the record data source for the report contains these fields!

What is the problem?

Thanks
GG

Does anyone have any suggestions at all? Both my graphs work fine when the link Child field control source property and the link master fields control source property are empty.

But when I add the field names from the report record source, they display nothing except the title of the graph.

I am sorting my report by the same field names and my query in the record source for the report is producing the correct solution.

Any suggestions will be greatly apprecaited as I am running out of ideas!
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back