Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Chart function - making a value always be the same colour 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdzlkds

Technical User
Oct 20, 2005
GB
Hi

I have a report that is using a number of guage charts. Each chart has two pointers on it relating to two values - the results for yesterday, and the average results over a 3 month period.

What I would like ot be able to do is make the pointer colour always be the same for each value ie the pointer is always blue when measuring the results for yesterday and alway green when measuring the average results over a 3 month period.

What actually happens is the colour goes by whatever is the lowest value, and this is not always the same for each of the guage charts on the report

Is there a way to do this?

I am using Crystal 10, but also have access to Crystal XI

Thanks

what are @Chart, @Daily...., and @Yesterday?
What groups do you have?

Did you try using the color highlighting options in the chart expert?

-LB

Thanks lbass
I'm using 10. Didn't realize 11 has added functions to Chart Expert. Just looked at it on another computer. Guess I have to start using 11 sooner rather than never.

sdzlkds,
In 10, I have seen the problem you describe when you have multiple Show values. You might try the new Chart Expert in 11.

However, have you thought of doing a % calculation of Yesterday/Daily avg and then charting that to show % of average On Change of @Chart? Then you have only one value to show. Put 100% in the middle of the gauge. That way all gauges will compare against 100% instead of various values. The look will be much more uniform.

Thanks fishymetrics and Ibass

Likewise I had not noticed the Colour Highlight function in 11 - excellent that does exactly what I need

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back