Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Chart Assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

kakworks247

Programmer
Oct 27, 2003
US
I have a query that generates Date, Line, # of Pieces and # of Parts. I need to have a graph that does this:

Chart by Line by date on X axis, # of Pieces on one Y axis and # of Prints on other Y Axis. At the top X axis I want the date.

date (by week)
# of pieces | | # of prints
|____________________________|
Production Lines

I can email a sample chart to anyone who needs to see it, I just couldn't figure out how to attach here.

Any idea how to do this in Access? If not, any idea how to have Excel read from a data query dynamically so I can do it in Excel? I'm really lost here. Charting is not my best suit, can you tell.

Thanks in advance for all help!
Kimberly

Do you expect one chart per date? Are the # of Pieces and # of Prints on the same scale?

Have you started with any of this or just fishing for where to start? If you haven't started, a good first step is to create a query with all the values required for you chart.

Duane
MS Access MVP
Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.

Duane,
I got the chart by placing both items in the X axis on Chart Wizard. I then created the chart and changed to lines on 2 axis. I am just trying to get the dates to print out correctly. Thanks for your help tho. I can generate the data it's just the charts I'm weak at. Working hard to learn all about them is good for my brain, however!
Thanks again,
Kimberly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back