Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations strongm on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Characters conversion problem while FTP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sukeshnair74

Programmer
Oct 31, 2005
US
We are facing some problem in translation of some characters while transmitting data from Mainframe to a word document.
For example the word N° d'entrée ( In manframe)
becomes NŒ d'entr©e (In PC after transmission)

I listing down some other examples of characters that gets converted differently. I am providing the Hex value also.

MF characters Mainframe hex PC hex PC characters

£ B1 B6 ¶
¥ B2 FD ý

We use the program IKJEFT01 with PARM='%FTPREX2' for FTPing the file.
Can someone please please help us in finding out what translation table is being used to convert the EBCDIC to ASCII while we FTP using the FTP rexx routine? And help us out in tackling this issue.

Do you have the choice between, say, ANSI vs OEM character set, or force the CodePage ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

My Basic intention is to FTP the report that is generated in Mainframe to PC and open it as a MS word document.

Can you please elaborate on your suggestion.

Regards
Sukesh

When in word menu Tools -> Options -> General tab -> Confirm conversion on open

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

You can probably make your own codepage or possibly pick a different Font to convert it into.

If you do not like my post feel free to point out your opinion or my errors.

Mainframes probably want to use the standard ANSI conversion which may not support all international symbols.

If you do not like my post feel free to point out your opinion or my errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back