Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Character Set Problem, PLEASE HELPPPPPP

Status
Not open for further replies.

mp3nick

Programmer
Feb 10, 2003
MY
Hi.
I got a very weird problem
I want to have conversion between unicode to symbol character for persian (farsi) language, what I do is finding the value code for each character in unicode and assign my pre-maded Symbol (ttf) font for them , I already find another persian software which does have the ttf font and I check each alphabet code with in font editor,

so what I did was for instance assign a (yaa) last persian alphabet to number 192 but when I try to use CHR (192) Its Bugging me means its showing me the different figure from UNICODE fonts, and what I did is to show all 255 character for my symbol ttf font and it wasn't even inside , and then I try with CHRW () for all 653500 characters and most of the character have LOST in 653500 characters, how can I set it BACK ?

PS 1: the software using the dll file called "RICHED32.DLL" and when I removed it the software also had crashed like those confusing figures means that I believe there's something that I have to use from RICHED32.DLL file

PS 2: in Visual basic 6. I maded a new form and try CHR from 1 to 255 and it was Correct, means EXCEL is using different character set, and also the same problem with COMBO LISTBox in visual basic.

PLEASE HELP, any suggestion will appreciated

P2 VB 6 does not support unicode like VB .NET. In your form, you need to add as reference Microsoft Forms 2.0 Object library. Then you can add a textbox or combobox that supports Unicode. This has worked for me before. I am not sure how Excel by itself will react.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back