Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Character Map / Set & font advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonbar

Programmer
Jun 26, 2000
GB
I am trying to reproduce extended characters within a VFP7.0 application - historically the first 128 characters of a font were used. I have an installation in Denmark and the three extra characters in there alphabet i.e. O with a line through it (not zero) an AE flush together and an A with a zero above it are not being produced correctly when typed. Have tried using Arial and Arial monospaced fonts - if anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate the help!

Jasonbar,

Are the users using a Danish keyboard? If so, you need to check to see which keycodes are generated when they press the keys in question.

To do that, run this code from the command window:

WAIT TO Test
? ASC(Test)

The codes should be as follolws:

O with a line through it (not zero) 216
an AE flush together 198
and an A with a zero above it 197

If the codes are different, then they have not got the right keyboard driver installed. If the codes are correct, it is something wrong in your program.

Mike

Mike Lewis
Edinburgh, Scotland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back