Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Channels on PRI stuck in FE MSBY 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay102

Technical User
Jan 5, 2006
US
I could use any and advice from all out there.

On Monday we dropped both local PRI's. We disabled the D-channel and loops and then re-enabled them. After doing this and troubleshooting with telco, both PRI's eventually came up with the exception of channel one on each loop (they say FE MBSY). The fun thing about this is one of the PRI's is fiber while the other is copper just to avoid these little problems. We have disabled/re-enabled the channel, loop, D-channel repeatedly. The only change was that we now have FE MBSY on the first two channels of both loops. Telco say that the T1 is good and the ISDN people have looked at the channels and swear that they are good. When telco did look at the channels, one channel did change status to busy for a few minutes. Any ideas and/or recommendations? I am out of ideas and have nothing else to go at telco with. It appears that the problem is with them but I can't prove it.

ld 96
stat serv
enl serv x

take it back down and bring it up.. service msgs control that flow on the far end in some offices

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

provider is right, it's good, just the handshake is not 100 percent in sync

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

John,
Thanks for the help as usual. Much appreciated. I tried your advice of dis/enl serv with no results. I tried this in conjuntion with taking down the d-channel and loop. This one is being more stuborn than usual. Any other advice would be appreciated.
Thanks again,

another thing after you enable serv.. take it all down and redownload the msdl... dis msdl x enl msdl x fdl... it can be faulty hardware

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

did you by chance try:
DSCH XX 1
ENCH XX 1 <--- XX being your loop number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back