Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Channelized T1 DNIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb2ear

IS-IT--Management
Jun 7, 2007
US
I am trying to change Long distance providers. And have requested a list of inbound DNIS numbers from them. They gave me a list of 408-xxxx. Numbers. The xxxx looks like local DNs. Are there any tables I can look at to see what they are doing? I would like to know if they are sending 7 digit DNIS or only 4.

Thanks,
Scott

your switch will tell you if your getting 4 or 7.. the length of your ldn is all the digits your switch will look at.. dnis can match dn.. if they do not then ld 49 prt idc cust 0 return return... that table will be applied to at least one route.. and idc

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I have checked the IDC and the only entries are for my inbound PRI. So does that mean they are only sending 4 digits?

your ldn lenght (ld 21 prt ldn) shows the number of digits they are sending.. when i prt my ldn 0 1234, it's a 4 digit number.. my switch only looks at 4 digits... if i needed to change to 7, that number would be 4341234.. a 7 digit number..

since you do not have idc's for your dnis, they almost have to be sending the 4 digits that you are using for dn's...

another way to double (triple) check is ld 96.. enl msgi x against the d.. that shows the inbound digits

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

It looks like the switch is set for 4 digits. However, some of the inbound DNIS numbers do not ring but get fast busy. There are DNs with the same number. Do I have to point the DNIS to DNs or should any inbound DNIS just go to the corresponding DNs?

ie: according to my phone company toll free number X gets pointed to DNIS 2272. I have an internal DN with the number 2272. when you call the toll free number you get a fast busy.

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back