Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Channel remains 'retrying', and will not start

Status
Not open for further replies.

gertvangaever

Technical User
Apr 3, 2002
BE
Hello,

I'm performing some tests to send messages back & forth to 2 queue managers.
I'm using win2k & mq 5.2

I have QMGR1 on SERVER1 and QMGR2 on SERVER2
on QMGR1: QMGR2.SEND.QUEUE = remote q to server2
on QMGR2: QMGR1.SEND.QUEUE = remote q to server1

on server1:
amqsput QMGR2.SEND.QUEUE
'test message'

when I look at the channel, it comes 'retrying'
When I look at the error log, It seems to be a problem with the sequence number. 'A message with sequence number 2 was sent, and a message with seq. nbr 1 was expected'

Could the following be the reason for this:
I deleted & recreated the channels & receive.queue & transmission queue on QMGR1!!

Gert

There could be many reasons why you ended up in that state. But the most common one being, that you ended your channel/qmgr while a message was being sent accross. Which made the message to backout at one end and whose info wasnt sent to the other. Thus there is a mismatch of the sequence numbers.

You can easily resolve this by just &quot;RESET CHANNEL(<CHL NAME>)&quot; command. This would reset the sequence numbers to 0.

Better to issue this at both ends.

I guess you are doing Persistent messages, thats why you got this error.

Cheers
KK

hi ,
is it happening because of the disconnect interval of sender channel to 0 which is forcing it to continuously connected and is not able to reset the message sequence number after sending the messages.?

with regards,
anbu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back