Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

changing users access

Status
Not open for further replies.

bv25

Vendor
Jan 1, 2003
US
Guys need some help with changing a users access to ovly's. The user needs to be resticted to view only specific ld's.
I know it is done in ld. 17---A sample config would really help. Thanks guys.

bv
i think you will need to create a new password in LD 17, PWD
but i think you will need the level 2 pwd to do it

Colin

does he already have a user account setup and just need to change overlays allowed or is this a new setup?

If already has user login:
ld 17
look at lapw(limited access) and ovla overlays allowed)

What is the max nhumber of LAPW you can have. It will not let me add a PW05. Is there a limit of 4?

To set this up, you must enter a PW number at the LAPW prompt. This can be any number between 01 and 99. After that, you will get a request for a name for that user, which is PWxx. At that prompt a name is requited, and it must be at least 4 characters long. So:
Code:
LAPW  05
PW05  USER5

Hope this helps,

Scott M.

Below are the steps I have taken But when i go to print the users its not listed. Am I missing something?

REQ chg
TYPE pwd
PWD2
LNAME_OPTION
NPW1
LOGIN_NAME
NPW2
LOGIN_NAME
LAPW 05
PW05
LOGIN_NAME user5
OVLA
CUST
HOST
MAT
OPT
LAPW
FLTH
LOCK
AUDT
INIT

Okay it actualy took the LAPW but when I print out the PWD it does not display but it does work? Any ideas why it wont print out all the PWDs

login with the level 2 username and password. go to ld 22 and prt pwd should show all users and passwords

Thats what I tried. And it gets to about PW04 and then it starts gving me a SCH0600 (Illegal Character)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back