Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing to A3, or zooming the text??

Status
Not open for further replies.

kp1279

Programmer
Jan 21, 2005
GB
I have created a report, which is set to Landscape, which works fine, but this prints out on 12 Peices of paper.

Is it possible to change the paper size to A3?, I have tried the page setup but A3 is not an option.

Alternatively can I change the text zoom???

If I change the text zoom so that it is 50% of its normal size to print onto A4 then this would be better.

Any help please???

Available paper sizes are down to your printer driver. If your printer can print A3 then I would expect it to be an option.

But I can't see how A3 would be of any use in your case. All you would get is 6 A3 portrait pages instead of 12 A4 landscape pages. (minus a few page headers and footers)

What goes on one page is defined in your report design.

If you have a report which is all text then you could export it to Word and then use the more powerful print features to print multiple pages per sheet. But these are not available in Access.

Thanks for the help.

I have tried it on another machine and its as you say, but it is strange cause my notebook has got a number of printer drivers, and it did not work on this.

Anyway

Is there any way of Zooming the text down, so that I can print as though on A3 but in fact on A4.

Other than creating a mini sheet with minute text?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back