Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

changing timestamps on a file

Status
Not open for further replies.

ironpawz

IS-IT--Management
Oct 8, 2002
NZ

Hello people

I have a script to record all file names and timestamps for a directory. Another to change the company property for all office docs. I need to set the dates on the files back to what I have in the logs. This was all done in perl but it is not good at the last stage as I don't own the files. VBscript is probably a better candidate.

I am research so any advice including good key words or known tools/scripts etc would be helpfull. If I crack it I'll update this thread.

if your interested in the other scripts there are copies in the perl group.

thanks ppl

Ironpawz

i'm not sure vbscript can do that.
There is a DateLastModified Property of the filesystemobject but it's readonly.

maybe you can rewrite the perl script?

===============
Security Forums

I am still trying perl as it is easier for me to use. I'll try at the unix/root level soon. VBscript may have an answer. I have ways of reading the stamps in perl also.

A good dos app that handles long filenames would be good. VBscript could hand off the variables to the app and let it set the times.

I'll look at what you had might lead to something ;)

Pawz ################
All life is Kaos
################

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back