Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

changing time in fired to 24 hr clock 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattl72

IS-IT--Management
Oct 2, 2002
US
I have a form with field that is set to the current time (using the time() function) when the user enters data. It is storing it using 12 hr time (ie 1:30 PM) - I need to store it as 24 hr time. I have tried setting the format property to short time and using the format function in code [format(time, "HH:mm")] and it still goes back to 12 hr clock. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Matt L
Direct One Networking

i think you need to set the regional settings of windows
because in table view it will display it in this fashion, just display Christiaan Baes
Belgium
"What a wonderfull world" - Louis armstrong

Thanks for your quick response

I really need to do it without changing the regional settings. The users want the clock on their desktop to display 12 hr time.

Thanks,
Matt

Nope,
Set the field to Date/Time, short format, and set the Default Value to =Now(). This will cause it to save the current time in 24-hr format. Newposter
"Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back