Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing the Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

rval80

Technical User
Sep 23, 2009
US
This should be an easy task, however, whenever I change the time on a BCM 50, it goes back to being an hour ahead. Customer has tried through the element manager and telset programming. I asked if he had DST set, and he said he did and couldn't change it. Any thoughts?

what release is it.... i seem to remember that Release 1 had this problem and it was fixed with a patch.... what patches do you have loaded ??

It looks like the timezone is incorrect. As for what Gibblett mentions, time lost minutes over a long period of time, not a whole hour in a manner of minutes.

Make sure your BCM is in the right time zone.

I find it works best to set the timezone and program a NTP address. Set it and forget it.

He said he tried to set NTP and it's still having an issue.

Make sure he has it set to "manual", not NTM. Set the timezone then you can change back to NTP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back