Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

changing the startup up settings for DSM

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmorg

Technical User
Dec 1, 2002
AU
Hi,

I am running TNG 2.4-2, I have noticed the when the DSM starts up, it set the status of all DSM managed objects to
"unknown". It then send request to determine the state of each object, this causes a substantial amount of network traffic.

Reading from the manuals, I can apparently change this to Warm Start, which will set the DSM managed object to their last know state, and resume normal polling....

for NSM, I know the file is called aws_dsm.ini, does any one know what the file is called in 2.4-2 and what is required to get the same results ???

Thanks in advance

Hi,
To my best of knowledge there is no such feature in TNG 2.4. The warm start option would be supporting only TNG 3.0.
Rgds,
Biju

If it is available for 2.4.2 there will be a patch required to enable it. I know of quite a few features that are normally only for NSM but will work under 2.4.2 with the right patches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back