Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing the Size of the font depending on the text 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rachel30

Programmer
Mar 1, 2005
GB
Hi,

I have a formula that changes the website text depending on the customer product description. The problem is one of the website address is very long and the other one is shorter what I would like to do is make sure that the longer one platinium is font size 7.5 and the the shorter one 9 any ideas how to go about this Thanks Rachel.

If Not ({spPolicyDetailsCG;1.ReplacementDesc} Like "*Platinum*") Then " Else
"

This one's quite easy.

All you have to do is right click on the formula field and format field, click the font tab. Then click the X2 button next to Font Size.

In there you can type

if currentfieldvalue = " then 7.5 else 9

HTH

-Steve

"if at first you don't succeed, sky diving is not for you"!!! :eek:)

I would base it on the length of the field, not the specific content, as in:

if len({spPolicyDetailsCG;1.ReplacementDesc}) > 20 then
7.5 else 10

Substitute your length criterion for "20".

-LB

Thanks for your help guys. It has worked I can't figure out how to view the formula again. It's an embeded field in the middle of a text box. It says when I right click to format the option but the x2 button is not in red and the formula seems to of vanished. But it still works can someone let me know what I should do. Cheer Rachel

You need to double click into the text box and highlight the formula field. You should then be able to right click on it (with it highlighted) and then format the field from there.

HTH

-Steve

"if at first you don't succeed, sky diving is not for you"!!! :eek:)

The text box has two embeded formulas in them. These formula change the web address and the email address when I select the formula in the text box and right click in brings up the formula box but there is no formula in the font size field. The formula is some where as it works. Cheers Rachel

When you right click on the field while it is highlighted, be sure to choose "format {table.field}", not "change font".

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back