Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

changing the report viewer 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodprg

Programmer
Apr 1, 2004
US
I am on CE 10.

I have created a new user and I want to change the viewer from DHTML to Active X. How can I do that? I tried going in preferences but the drop down list is not enabled.

Thanks for your help,

I had a similar issue on CE 10. I changed the preference for each user to Advanced DHTML and then changed them back to Active X but it would not work, it stayed in HTML view. I finally was able to look through some code and see where it was looking for the cookie. I deleted my cookies and bravo, it worked.

Hope this helps.

First, are a true administrator or a delegated administrator ? (Different rights can apply) Second, is the option for viewers deselected for the Web Desktop under Crystal Applications ? If so, that would explain why you don't have the optio under Preferences.

Rod Oatis
Venturi Technology Partners
Crystal Decisions Certified
Trainer/Consultant/Developer
Rod_Oatis@hotmail.com

Thanks for all your help. I figured it out. I didn't had view on demand rights, I granted it and I could change the viewer.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back