Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing the page footers within the same Access Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

AccessUser22

Technical User
Jan 23, 2003
US
Is it possible to have the page footer set up on an access report to include say a note on the body pages of the report, but then on the last page of the report, not show the note anymore? I know this is possible using the report footer, but is there any way to sink the report footer so it always falls at the bottom of the page and not just arbitrarily whereever the data ends? Any ideas are appreciated.

I'm not sure if this would work, but maybe you could set up the page footer with the note you want and set the report properties to Page Footer - Not with Report Footer. Then you could have a Report Footer that's blank. That way your Page Footer wouldn't show up on the last page.

The problem with that is then we wouldn't even get a page number on the last page. Microsoft should program in so that the report footer actually lands on the bottom of the last page of the report, and not sometimes in the middle of the page. Then, you're suggestion would work fine.

In your page footer, if you don't have one already, add a text box whose control source holds the Page and Pages properties. Something like:
Code:
="Page " & Page & " of " & Pages
Make it invisible if you don't want it to appear.
In the On Format event of your page footer place code like this to make your "note" control (txtNote ?) invisible if it is the last page of the report:
Code:
If Me.Page = Me.Pages Then
   Me.txtNote.Visible = False
End If

Hoc nomen meum verum non est.

I don't think that solution works.

For some reason the Me.Pages value stays at 0 throughout the Pagefooter Format event for each page and only the Me.Page value increments with each additional page.

Maybe this is just in Access2002?

I too would be interested to see if anybody has any other suggestions.

Did you create a text box in the report page header or footer section that is bound to the [Pages] value as suggested by CosmoKramer?

Duane
MS Access MVP
Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back