Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing the name on the system greeting from old user to new user

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForumUser01

Technical User
Oct 16, 2009
US
Hi gurus,

We have the Avaya system and Audix VM. When we assign a old user extension to new user, even after changing the old name to new name in Avaya manager and audix, the system still keeping the old username.

I had the new user recording new greeting (#1) and assigned for all calls. That works for calls (internal/external), but when the user dial VM extension to check the VM ,the system still plays the old user name. How and where we can change the name to new user name. I know it might be a easy one, but being a new bee.. here is ex:

Old user : ABCD : 4456

New user:XYZ: assigned with same ext:4456, name changed to 'XYZ' using (cha sta 4456 & cha sub 4456)- Still the system greeting says 'ABCD" when hit VM.
Created greeting '1' with 'XYZ' name and assigned for all calls, works fine when calls coming in, but when 'XYZ' dial standard internal extension 5555 for checking voice messages, the system greeting with 'ABCD' name comes. How can I avoid for this user and for future users as well.

Thank you in advance
Forumuser

From the main menu try pressing 5 for personal options and then 5 for record name.

PG

Hi,

Thank you. But there is no '5' option. Only options in the main menu are 1/2/3 and '3' is for personal settings. Even in personal settings, the system not giving any option to change the 'recorded name'. But can select and record other greetings (greeting 1 and greeting #2 etc).

TIA
Forumuser

Hi,

I checked online and the option is 55 during activity menu and it worked perfect.

Thank you all.

Forumuser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back