Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing the main greeting in MM 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoePrax

Technical User
Feb 9, 2006
US
I need to change the this greeting in our modular messaging server.

"Welcome to Avaya Messaging , please enter the mail box numbere you are calling. If you have a mailbox on this system press #."

Does anyone know how to change this? Thank You!

To do this, you need to create the new greeting, probably using the voice editor and save the file as CustomPrompts.ovf and save it as prompt 1. This file then needs to be saved into the C:\Program Files\Avaya Modular Messaging\vserver directory on each MAS. Since that file already exists, you will need to stop the MAS service, then rename the file before you can place the new one in there. Then you will need to go into the Voice Mail System Configuration and modify the TUI so that it plays prompt 1.

It probably sounds pretty confusing, and probably is. I know that Avaya has some documentation telling how to do this, but I can't tell you for sure where to find it.

Thank you Twix79! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

We ara migrateing from audix to mm, the problem we are haveing is transfering to vm when we try to transfer a call to a users vm box it ring the users station. Can anyone help me

Open Voice Mail System Configuration > Telephone User Interface > General Tab & Disable Auto Attendant. When disabled, the system transfers callers directly
to the subscriber's mailbox, where they can leave a message.

Or you could also do this if you don't have a "Transfer to VM" button programmed.

Avaya Modular Messaging Release 2 Telephone User Interface Guide 10 September 2004

Transferring callers to a mailbox

When you pick up a call, you can transfer a caller directly to the mailbox of the subscriber.
To transfer callers to a mailbox:

1. Put the caller on hold.
2. If your telephone system provides a features access code (FAC) for call transfer, go directly to step 6.
OR

2. If your telephone system does not provide feature access code (FAC),begin the transfer by pressing the transfer button on your telephone.
3. Dial the Modular Messaging access number.
4. Do one of the following:

If you are transferring from an extension that has an associated Modular Messaging mailbox, press the star key (*), then go to Step 5.

If you are transferring from an extension without an associated Modular Messaging mailbox, press the pound key (#) twice, then go to Step 5.

5. Enter the number of the mailbox to which the caller wants to be transferred.
6. Complete the transfer and hang up. The caller remains on the line to leave a message.

I looked at the instructions I just posted and they are wrong. Here is the corrected version:

1. Put the caller on hold.
2. If your telephone system provides a features access code (FAC) for call transfer, go directly to step 6.

OR

2. If your telephone system does not provide feature access code (FAC),begin the transfer by pressing the transfer button on your telephone.

3. Dial the Modular Messaging access number.

4. Do one of the following:

If you are transferring from an extension that has an associated Modular Messaging mailbox, press the star key (*), then press the pound key (#) twice, then go to Step 5.

If you are transferring from an extension without an associated Modular Messaging mailbox, press the pound key (#) twice, then go to Step 5.

5. Enter the number of the mailbox to which the caller wants to be transferred.

6. Complete the transfer and hang up. The caller remains on the line to leave a message.

twix79 mentioned to use the voice editor to create customer greeting and save it as prompt 1 under CustomerPrompt.ovf. Could twix79 or someone explain how to use the voice editor to do that and does it work with wav file or it has to be ovf file? BTW what is ovf extension stand for?

I'm sorry one more thing. When we record an individual Mail Box greeting through the Voice menu and save it. Does anybody know where is it saved to in the server?
Can we use a voice recording device to record and save a voice file as a wav or ovf file and replace the existing Mail Box greeting voice file?

Thanks

To use a wav file, it must be CCITT(sp?) u-law 8khz/8 bit/ mono. Highlight the prompt to be changed, then go to FILE>IMPORT>select .wav file.

JT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back