Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

changing the login\logout bar accordingly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sempuritoza

Programmer
Jul 16, 2003
ZA
well im back again and this time i am trying to change the look of a certain area in my header.

i have this little "user login area" in my header and once a user has logged in i only want him\her to see the log out button and the "Welcome User" bit in the same area.

I have already performed the query and the information is back on my main page, i send back a var $string containing : yes,username

then i split the string and if the first part is yes then i welcome the user but this is the point where i would also need to make things disappear and re-appear etc, can anybody help me with this?

thanx alot
lata

You can either use DHTML and set the visibility or you can convert that display into a JS function that uses document.write to populate the correct HTML.

sp how do i make <td>'s &quot;visible&quot; or &quot;hidden&quot;, i went reading and found out how to do it with the layers but that didnt work with the <td>'s

thankx for the suggestions dude, atleast i know i'm sorta on the right track...

lata

if u give the <td> an id and reference it via the id as a style property of the id, then u will be able to make it visible or hidden, while you are at it, try the &quot;display&quot; property, I found it to work better than visible or hidden.

ciau
Faadiel

first i used the visible property but then i tried out the display property and i see what you mean when you say it works better, thanx for all the help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back