Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing the Keyboard Layout..

Status
Not open for further replies.

basepointdesignz

Programmer
Jul 23, 2002
GB
Hi,

At work I have XP Pro on my machine and the keyboard is set up slightly differently to what it's supposed to be..

For example, when I press SHIFT + 2 (to get "), I get the @ sign, and when I press SHIFT + ' (suppose to be the @ sign), I get the " mark. Also, to get the # mark, I have to press SHIFT + 3..

I tried the Control Panel >> Printers & Hardware >> Keyboard route and there's no option there. Also, the language is set up as English(United Kingdom), which is the way I want it..

Does anyone know how to change the layout configuration?

Thanks,

Renegade.. BULLET-PROOF DESiGNZ
renegade@tiscali.co.uk

I may be off base here, but you might want to check the Regional and Language options in Control Panel. On the languages tab you have the text services and input options, make sure that in "details" you're set to Keyboard US. If you have more than one language set, if you mistakenly hit ctrl-shift or alt-shift, you end up with a different keyboard layout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back