Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing the IP address via telnet 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

prha

Technical User
May 24, 2002
GB
Does anybody know how to change the IP address of an HP laserjet 2100tn?
I have a printer with a static external IP address that I have moved to internal and need to change the IP address.
There is no display to change it but I think you can do it via telnet, which is something I have no clue on.

any advice appreciated.

To change the IP address, I use my internet browser and just put in the ip address number in the browser address window. It should open up a page for your printer that has a wealth of information and configuration options. You should be able to change your IP address there. Keep in mind that if you change the IP and the printer resets to take the change your browser will no longer find the page(you changed the address) Change your browser address to the new IP address and you should see your printer with the configuration changes you have made.

Hi fstech,

Thanks for that, It does work for most of my printers, but it doesn't work for my HP 2100 tn printers (they are very old). The browser just sticks on the admin page trying to load the java applet, but doesn't get any further.
Do you know of any other way to change the IP address?

Thanks

Thanks, this worked a treat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back