Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

changing the display number of the caller 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

M_A

Technical User
Dec 18, 2022
EG
Hi Guys,
I have IP office 500v2 connected with a another IPO via SIP trunk.
there is a short code in each IPO to dial extensions between the 2 IPOs.
i want when a user dial another user from IPO 1 to IPO 2 the display number of the caller ID appear with the short code of IPO 2 to make easy for the callee/ destination user to redial him easily again without entering the short code + EXT. number manually.

why don't you simply change the code so that they dial the extension only and then the ARS does the rest. Something like
2xx
dial 2N
ARS to the SIP trunk

That only works of course if you have different extension numbers.

Or you can add the shortcode to the line as prefix and see if that works for you.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

the 2 sites have the same extensions numbers and range.

You may find it easier to bite the bullet and just use the renumbering tool in IP Office Manager to renumber all the extensions on one of the systems a new range. Then the leading digit on extension numbers (say 2XX on one system and 3XX on the other) will be the prefix for triggering inter-system calls.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

I just set something like this up for a 10-site solution, 500v2s at each site set up in a star topography.

With just two systems it's a little easier.

At site A they have 3 digit extensions and shortcodes of:
[ul]
[li]20XXX // dial extension // N // 0[/li]
[li]21XXX // dial // 21Ns20E // SIP to IPO[/li]
[/ul]

The other site swaps this with
[ul]
[li]21XXX // dial extension // N // 0[/li]
[li]20XXX // dial // 20Ns21E // SIP to IPO[/li]
[/ul]

Then you just need an ICR at each end that will get the prefixed number and direct it to '.' at each site. This will display the user name and 20+extn as the CLID if the SIP trunk is set correctly. It has the benefit of not needing any maintenance, it will work as long as all your extensions remain 3-digit. It also allows for people to dial their own site's prefix if they are under caffeinated.

- Qz

thanks, QZ

it works fine but, without any names displayed.
the display showning the number is dialing from the other site added after s21E

is there away to show the name for the dialing user beside the number

Not to state the obvious... Maybe you need to buy the SCN trunk licenses and install it correctly. You have probably spent more time in work arounds than the licenses would cost. But if you are really intent on making it more complicated than it needs to be you can create a directory entry for every user that will match the number to a name to display.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

@Westi That is why I added 'install it correctly' [wink]

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

thanks guys for your help i have solved the problem and now i can redial with displaying names and prefix + ext. numbers directly without any short codes prefixes.

If the phone systems would be installed like phoneguys (as in us here) would want to, then we would have a lot less problems with them but customers want them to do all kinds of weird and crappy things.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back