Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing the default email address in SBS2k3 user accounts 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zamuk

Technical User
May 12, 2006
US
When I send an email from my Outlook2k7 the reply message has an email address that I want to change.

While on my SBS2k3 I enter the my profile name in the User accounts. I create a new SMTP email address and make that my default. however, when I go to change the email address in the General tab the new address does not take hold. As asoon as I close my User profile, even though I've clicked Apply, my email account reverts back to the original account.

Where my I make a perminate change to my email account so that my recipients recieve the SMTP email address that I want them to recieve.

Thanks in advance.

There is a "update email addresses based on recipient policy' tick box" that you need to untick on the (I think) addresses tab.

Alternatively, create a new recipient policy so that it is done for you automatically

Tick box". what is that? are you referring to a little box where one places and removes "Checks"?

The recipient's policy. Located in the "Group Policy Mangement"?

That would be a checkbox? Both the same thing I would imagine, although I believe checks in the US are for paying people with?

Recipient policy is in Exchange System Manager, near the top in the left hand pane, sorry I cannot be more specific, I have no access to ESM/SBS at present

thank you just the same, Noveyron. You've been quite helpful. I will do some more good ole fashion "foot work" and find it. At least you pointed me in the right direction.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back