Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing the Cursor on MouseMove ? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

maverick

MIS
Apr 21, 1999
US
Does anyone know how to change the cursor when the mouse moves over a object ?
Label,TextBox etc...

TIA s-) "Hacker by Heart"
saenzinc@email.com

to the best of my knowledge you can only change it based on the Hourglass prompt you have set. In other words you use the DoCmd.Hourglass True and DoCmd.Hourglass False statements

if this is what you want you can create two functions in a new Module, and then call which one you want from the MouseMove Event for each control.

= ChgCursorHourGlassOn()
or
= ChgCursorHourGlassOff()

Function ChgCursorHourGlassOn()
DoCmd.Hourglass True
End Function

Function ChgCursorHourGlassOff()
DoCmd.Hourglass False
End Function

PaulF

Hey Paul,

does that mean I can only change it to an hourglass and not a Hand ? or any other cursor...

or do you mean, thats the only way I can change it?
if so Can I use other cursors like the hand ?

Thanks "Hacker by Heart"
saenzinc@email.com

to the best of my knowledge, the only option you have available in Access is the default setting for the Window's Wait cursor that you have set in your Window's Options. Therefore you can only change to that. There might be some API calls out there that could do the trick, but I haven't researched them.

PaulF

You The Man!

That works perfectly !!!!!!!!

Thanks Everyone....

Mav.. "Hacker by Heart"
saenzinc@email.com

Hello, I'm trying that exact thing.

I tried the code on the mvps site but It didn't work (maybe I don't understand it).

Can someone explain me how to use that code?

All I want to do is change the cursor to a hand on mouse over (label) and turn it back to the pointer on mouse off.

I already have the .ico file with the hand.

Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back