Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing the configuration setting

Status
Not open for further replies.

CliveW

Technical User
Aug 19, 2002
GB
Hi,

Everytime we do changes to the settings on the 2d map against an NES Agent and do a file save preferances afterwards, the next time time the machine is rebooted all of our changes have been lost. Please could someone tell me what we are doing wrong.

Thanks.

I don't know if i understand well your problem, but for my part, when i arranged my 2d map...i flip to the Design mode, after i do save...i save the current layout and data on a file somewhere on my disk and the next time i open my 2d map i do Open... i select my layout and i answer yes at the question...so TND will load the new information in the data and put it in Unplaced object so you'll need to place it by yourself...

If you want to help you, you can create Dynamic BPV to dynamically place new found object but it doesnt apply to all network...

I hope this will help!
I've got so much problem with CA-Unicenter, so if i can help someone else fix their...i'll be happy =)

Have a nice day!
David

Hi

Thanks for the responce, the problem is if we change say
invalid URL's not to be monitored and save. This is fine until the system is rebooted when all the invalid URL changes we make are lost. We then need to go through the settings again.

Hello together,
we have often problems with "normal" agents like caiW2kOs or caiLogA2 that they lost their configuration after a reboot. A previous "awservices stop" helped.

What is the NES agent?

Regards,
Roland

The NESAgent is monitoring all our web instances.

We've seen cases where some agents don't write their configuration back to the local sadmin store without either a mkconfig being issued against it or cycling of the agent. As such, we've made it standard procedure to both mkconfig and cycle the agent after tuning...

Since we instituted the policy, we haven't had the problem.

Notably, the Win2K agent didn't suffer from this problem... but caiUxOs and caiNt4Os did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back