Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing the Banner in Rls 5.0 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPostula

Technical User
Oct 8, 2008
US
We have a requirement to change the login banner on our system. I know you can load a different banner in LD117, but the NTPs states the command will use a custom banner contained in the Banner.txt file located at /u/pub/ banner.txt.

I checked that location, and the file does not exist.

I don't have element manager and was wondering is someone could tell me how to put the banner.txt file into that location using PDT or if there is an easier way to change the banner?

Thank you.

If you can get into PDT, then you are in the file system...just create or upload a text file in there is what I would try. It is all trditional UNIX file commands.

--
Nortel Resources at GHTROUT.com
--

I created the file and managed to get it into the /u/pub/ directory. When I tried switching over to it in LD 117, I get the following error:

SRPT201 File and/or directory operation errors detected: In banner.txt file first should contain the marker banner.txt: errno = 0x0

Is the file supposed to be in a particular format or possibly begin with the banner.txt in the text of the file?

I just answered my own question. The first thing in the text file needs to be 'banner.txt'.

Thanks again for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back