Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing temporary internet file location

Status
Not open for further replies.

MajicMic

MIS
Oct 12, 2005
US
Hi all,
I've tried finding the answer to this all over the web and haven't had much luck so I thought I'd give all of you experts out there a shot. When I open an internet temp file, say a Microsoft Word or Excel document, then click on the save as button, the default is set to a temporary internet folder with a few letters and numbers (something like FHNOHK2). I'm not sure where to make the change in the registry to have files open directly in the folder I want to save them in, so that when I go to save as, the default folder will be the one I want to save to. For example, I'd like a word file on the Internet to open within a couple of folders in MY Docs, and it's a waste of time having to save to this specific folder every time I try and save a file. (My university posts a ton of powerpoints and word docs that I have to save to my HDD daily, and it would save me a ton of time having these files open directly in the folder I want to save them to. Sheesh!) Any tips are greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Mike

I don't know if this is what you're looking for:

Open the Internet Options for IE. Click on the "Settings" button on the "General" tab. Click on the "Move Folder" button and point to the locations you prefer.

Hey guys,
Thanks, but it didn't work. Also, I don't want all of the temp internet files going into my designated folder, just Office docs that I open from the Internet. Any other suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back