Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing subreports from a Function

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWTrust

Technical User
Apr 2, 2002
GB
PHV kindly sorted my problem of changing a subform from a function with:
Forms![frmRenewalList]![subfrmTotals].Form!PCCount = PCCountHold
I would now like to do the same thing with a subreport. I've tried variations of the above with no success. Can anyone help me, please?

Try something like this:
Reports![main report]![subreport].Report![control name] = yourVariable

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

Belated thanks, PHV, for your suggestion which, unfortuately, didn't work. However, I have solved the problem from anothing direction.

Could you please share your solution ?

Hi PHV
I had a subform with half-a-dozen unbound controls which I populated using the code you suggested. I hoped to do the same thing to a subreport but this didn't work so I created a table with fields corresponding to the controls in the subform which I linked to the table. Populating the subform controls as before also filled in the table, which I then used to set up the subreport, after closing the form to release the table.
I would point out that I am a largely self-taught amateur and a professional would, perhaps, come up with a better solution but "If it ain't broke...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back