Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing subnet mask on Clan

Status
Not open for further replies.

oscar01

Programmer
Apr 26, 2007
US
Running CM2.2 I need to change the subnet mask on a CLAN board from class B to a class C. I'm just confirming that all I need to do is "change IP interface xxxx) and change the Enable Ethernet Port from Y to N. Then go back and change the subnet mask, then go back and enable the Ethernet port.

Is that all? Thanks

you have to disable the ip-interface first (then save the form), then "change ip interface xxyzz", change the mask, save it, then re-enable the ip-interface.

Mitch

AVAYA Certified Expert

Run 'cha ip-i (board location i.e. 01a05)' [Enter]
Set 'Enable Ethernet Port' to 'N' [Enter]
*Must disable before changes are made*
Run ‘cha node-n ip (board location i.e. 01a05)’ [Enter]
Change Subnet address [Enter]
*I prefer to make the changes with one command and then go back and then enable the ip-interface with 'cha ip-i (board location)'.*
Run ‘cha ip-in (board location). Tab down to ‘Enable Ethernet Port’ and set to ‘Y’. Run ‘sa t’ to save translations. [Enter]
Run ‘status clan-port XXXXX17’ [Enter]. Check for Active Channel 1, Link Status, Service State, and Physical/MAC address.
Ping a remote IP. Run ‘ping ip xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx board(C-LAN board location)' [Enter].

'Knows enough to be dangerous. Wait... make that really dangerous.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back