Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

changing ssl port used for default site

Status
Not open for further replies.

proudusa

MIS
Sep 19, 2001
US
I'm installing apache on the SBS server and will need SSL to run on port 443. Can i just change the ssl port on the default site to something different?

Thanks

Tested it after i posted and it worked but seems to still be listening on 443. Will try a reboot tonight and see what happens.

Had restarted the the default site. Would there be anywhere else where the port would be set?

Thanks

Well, where exactly did you set it? On the General tab after getting Properties on the Default Web Site?

I guess if that's not really changing it, you can download MetaEdit and change it in the metabase:

Look for LM-W3SVC-1 (I believe) and then SecureBindings. Change the port number there.

ShackDaddy
Shackelford Consulting

Yeah on the general tab. Just checked and it is listed as the changed port. I reinstalled apache & openssl and now seems to be working properly. Now it is a matter of getting the application i need installed and working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back