Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing SMTP on Exchange 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdfdr78

Technical User
Jul 19, 2005
Hello there,

I`m having a problem Changing to use a diffrent Primary Email address. i`ll explain below.
I have a mailbox called "joe" Primary email setup for this was "joe@blog.com"
I now when sending a mail want to send as "joe2@blog.com" so when people recieve the mail they will see it`s from "joe2@blog.com." "joe@blog.com" will be used an alias.
I`ve changed the settings however in the Global address book its still showing as "joe@blog.com"

Help Appreciated

Untick the box that says some thing along the lines of "automatically update address based on recipient policy" on the user account properties, email addresses tab in ADUC ?

Alternatively, are you looking at the GAL using outlook in cached mode?

Hiya,

I have done as you said with regards the tick box, I`m not running in cached mode. And still picking up the orginal account primary email address. I dont want to delete the account and start again, last resort! :)

Help appreciated

Dont delete the account and start again, you will probably get the same thing.

What is currently showing as his primary address in ADUC? (as opposed to the GAL)

Email

joenetworkconservation@northwich.co.uk is the primary email account

In the gal it`s showing as joe@northwich.co.uk

however when you drill down in the gal recipient it`s showing joenetworkconservation@northwich.co.uk

I think we are possibly getting a bit at cross purposes with terminology here :)

Waht do you see in Active Directory Users and Computers on the email addresses tab of the properties of Joe's user account?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back