Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

changing service account

Status
Not open for further replies.

proudusa

MIS
Sep 19, 2001
US
I have a question...i may be in need of re-installing w2k on my DC. I know Exchange depends on the service account name and password to communicate with local services and the domain controller. What would be the best way to do this without having to also re-install exchange?

thanks

ok i lied...this is the last question :)

I notice if i go into the schema->NT Descriptor that the new service account isn't listed? Just the old one. Will the new one display when i remove the old one from the exchange ORG, Site and Config?

thanks again

W2K Backup is indeed Exchange Aware. Set your options accordingly though, Full, Differential, and Incremental. FYI - Differential Backups don't remove log files (if you don't have Circular logging enabled).

As for the account listing, I'm not entirely sure of the view. Try removing the old account then going back in to see if anything shows up.

I'm running full every night as i don't have a tremendous amount of users. So i believe my backups would be enough. I had read about copying contents from the \excsvr directory.

I'll find out tonight if the schema account listing will be a problem once i join the new domain.

thanks again.

Just wanted to post back. All went smooth the way described earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back